Before you can start calculating your personal carbon footprint, you must create a user account on http://timeforchange.org. Don't worry, your email address won't be given away or misused.
Creating a user account:
- Click here to create a new user account
- The system will send you a one-time password
- Log in and change your password. Save both your user name as well as your password.
Creating a carbon footprint
- If you are not yet logged in, log in on http://timeforchange.org
- Click on „My account“
- Under the header „Carbon“ click on the link „create a carbon account for (your username)“
- Click on „My preferences“
- Title: Normally your user name
- The remaining entries are shown with recommended values
- Press submit to create your account.
- Now you can add „carbon stamps“ to your personal carbon footprint. Carbon stamps are individual contributions to your carbon footprint, like e.g. an air flight, some liters of gazoline, etc.
After submitting your fist carbon stamp, you get back to the overview of the carbon footprint. At the moment, it only consists of one carbon stamp. But the idea of this tool is to come back anytime and add carbon stamps according to your personal activities. This way you can keep track how much CO2 emissions you are creating.