The attached Excel sheet can be used to calculate both CO2 emissions as well as primary energy requirements for the following activities:
- Heating with oil, gas, coal, wood, solar energy or heat pumps
- Electricity consumption. The actual mix of power generation (coal, oil, natural gas, wood, nuclear energy, hydro energy, solar energy, wind, geothermal or waste) is taken into consideration.
- Travelling by car for diesel and petrol fuelled cars. Either by actual fuel consumption or by distance and average fuel consumption.
- Travelling by bus (kilometres or miles)
- Travelling by train (kilometres or miles)
The main purpose of this calculator is to calculate CO2 emissions for individual activities.